Carlos de Amberes Foundation

A singular cultural space in an old church in the Barrio de Salamanca district.

The is a private, non-profit cultural institution. Its current headquarters are located in a former church that was built in 1584 in the heart of Madrid’s “Golden Mile” in the Barrio de Salamanca district.

A singular space that was refurbished and declared an Asset of Cultural Interest (BIC) on account of its important historical and artistic value. Its most noteworthy spaces include the chapel, the heart of the old Church of San Andrés de los Flamencos. Among other works in the possession of the Foundation, it contains the canvas of the Martyrdom of Saint Andrew by Peter Paul Rubens, a masterpiece from the Baroque painter’s final period.

It has two identical rooms on either side of the chapel, the Ghent Room and the Brussels Room. These are open-plan exhibition spaces with natural light and direct access to a pleasant terrace.

The facilities are rounded off by an auditorium, a versatile and multipurpose space with audiovisual equipment, a dressing room and a translation booth. Adjacent to the auditorium we find a room in which a selection of posters of the cultural activities of the Foundation hang, and which also has direct access to auxiliary spaces such as the bar and the kitchens.

Updated: 06/05/2019

Useful information

Conditions and availability

Restricted times subject to normal uses.
Fees are adjusted to each project.

Permit procedure

Estimated time needed to process the application: 7-15 days.
Fees are adjusted to each project.

Features and facilities

Difficult access for vehicles.
Suitable for direct sound.

Links

Contact

Silvia Muñoz
Administration
fca@fcamberes.org
+34 914 352 201

Calle de Claudio Coello 99,
28006 Madrid

Distrito: 04 Salamanca

Images: Fundación Carlos Amberes

MORE INFORMATION

Can we help you?

Contact us